Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New projects galore!

Well, I've gone from doing nothing, to doing quite a lot! Too much? I guess we will find out. I've mentioned before the square swaps which are really great. I've been meeting some very nice people and I'm having a chance to both try new stitches and even use some yarn from my stash (yeah!). I'm also doing a Lion Brand Yarn swap that I'm really excited about, it's one on one and that part is nice. It gives you a chance to get to know someone a little better. I've got a great project in mind for my partner, just waiting for the needles I'll need to arrive in the mail. I'm also working on a special gift (this swap is a recycled theme), I really hope she likes it! But I didn't stop there in my new activities. I've also adopted a soldier! This is something that's pretty important to me as my youngest son Mike is planning to join the Army Airborne after graduating next year and the soldier I've adopted is in an Airborne division. I'm hoping I can really send this soldier a little bit of home while he's over there and maybe raise his spirits once in a while. The group I've joined is called The Strength Behind the Strong, it really is a great honor to support these brave men and women who are risking their lives for America. May they stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment