Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Forward progress?


I spent the past year making squares for the Baker's Dozen group on Ravelry, and I feel like I've really improved my skills and learned quite a lot. But I know I've got so much to learn! I've been on a kick recently buying knitting books, pattern books, stitch books, just about everything. And I've found some really great ones. Probably my favorite right now is 10 Secrets of the Laidback Knitters by Vicki Stiefel and Lisa Souza. Check out www.knitpicks.com My favorite place to buy knitting stuff, and they're having a book sale! A terrific book for the beginning knitter and for the more experienced as well. I've always felt that the journey of knitting the project is as least as important as the finished project. This book takes knitting and leads you on a journey of discovery into the aspects of knitting that other books don't touch on. It encourages you to look at knitting from another point of view, one that I found fascinating. I would recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment