Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Whole New Rollercoaster


Well, here we are on a whole new rollercoaster. I have a feeling this one will be even worse than what I've already been on with my health. I will go along for a few days, maintaining my calm and then I find myself crying my eyes out. I'm trying to take control of my emotions and reactions by becoming as informed as possible and finding support groups that I can lean on. One I've found recently is the Blue Star Mothers, this is made up of mothers of soldiers. I even found a local chapter fairly close to where I live, which is great. Their website is at: http://www.bluestarmothers.org My boys are all trying to help me, I can tell they are a little worried about me. I heard one whispering to Mike, "Go answer Mom's questions" when I was saying something about needing answers to questions about what was going to happen, etc. I'm really lucky to have such great boys.

1 comment:

  1. It must be hard to have your son join the military, Sheila. Even when your kids are grown a mother always worries about them - it would be impossible not to. I hope you can get some support and comfort from the group you found.

    ReplyDelete